We know you’re trying hard to stay strong to your wedding weight loss plan.
But we also know it’s an unwritten rule (actually, we wrote it down) that every woman must have chocolate dessert on Valentine’s Day.
That’s why we crafted and tested (maybe one too many times) a guilt-free chocolate dessert that can be made in under 10 minutes and provides only 200 calories!
Enjoy this low-calorie, Valentine’s Day dessert!
Delightful Molten Dark-Chocolate Mug Cake
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- Whole-wheat pastry flour, 2 tbsp.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp.
- Baking powder, 1/8 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Butter (or coconut oil), ½ tbsp.
- Plain, non-fat Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp.
- Low-fat milk, 1 tbsp.
- Syrup, 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract, ¼ tsp.
- Coat your favorite coffee mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter (or coconut oil), Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture about 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to your coffee mug. Microwave on “low” for 2 minutes and 30 seconds (2:30).
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 minutes before eating.
- To take this dessert to the next level, consider topping with a dollop of fat-free cool whip pr peanut butter!
Serving size: 1 mug cake
Protein: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 8 g